Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I have been shopping hard on craigslist for a bike and a bike trailer. I was even considering buying a new trailer simply because I couldn't find a used one that I actually wanted. So I put up a want add on cl, and I got two responses. One for an InStep model that I didn't really want, and the other for a new Burley (make an offer). I didn't have time to get back with the Burley guy for a few days, but I called him on Sunday and left a message. I didn't hear back from him, but I decided to try him again yesterday. We talked about the trailer, and he said he was thinking $120 is what he would like to get for it!!! Seriously? It's a Burley D'lite. Brand new. Those things are selling well used on Ebay for over $200, and new ones are over $400. So I got it. Its in the garage now. I bought bike helmets for me and the kids, and we are pretty much ready to go. I just need to get a wheel for it so I can convert it to a stroller.

I am really excited about this. I am totally not excited about wearing a bike helmet.

3 comments:

anne said...

girl- why do you have to wear a bike helmet - this is america?

anne said...

girl- it's me. don't ask me why my name comes up as bob. it's a long story. also, you're the best pharmacist ever. ap

anne said...

Girl- sorry i missed your call about the bikeride. it sounded like fun. i can't wait until these babies get older so they can go. they love the stroller. i am going to switch my prescriptions to target so that i can come visit you to get some butt cream again.